home : Post-Post-MoCCA
Hey sticky friends! Looking at my website, I realize that I’m overdue on a few things. Among them, I was going to write a post-followup followup since the last MoCCA post in April. This was going to include links to some other awesome artists I saw at MoCCA. But then I suddenly and unexpected moved to a new apartment and my mojo was disrupted. I’m settled again now so let me give you a very belated list of just some of the cool MoCCA people you should check out.
- Mike Kitchen, creator of the awesome Spy Guy series (Ultralist Studios) – He was our awesome next-table-neighbor and even made a video his trip to MoCCA you can check out. (Brief appearance of sheribomb helping show the sticky comics table!)
- Lauren Barnett, who does Me Likes You, was on our other side. She was really cool and traded us for a unicorn print.
- Darryl Ayo, Little Garden Comics, who I met at SPX last year and does way cool work.
- Tracy White who does Traced.com and the forthcoming graphic novel How I Made It To Eighteen, which I already pre-ordered (and you should too.)
- Bree Rubin of Sex Drugs and June Cleaver and Mysterious Ways, Inc.
- Adam Bourret who wrote I’m Crazy.
- Lance Hansen who made HaySeed and Don’t Cry.
- The Jelly Empire which does really great pop art with robots.
- Auilix who does an amazing journal comic called The Glass Urchin.
- Phil McAndrew, from whom I got a cleverly titled “book comic.”
- Eric Kim has written and drawn several awesome looking books.
- Helen of HelenToons.com.
- The creators of terrifyingly colorful zine called Hot Pot.
- Steve Seck who has an awesome business card and draws a nice gator.
- The Twelfth Gecko who gave me an awesome sticker.
- Deryk Ouseley who made The Furious Saga of El Tormentia.
- Sara Lindo who draws (among other things) a very unusual traffic cone.
- Robert Gavilla who does great art and creates iPhone apps to boot.
- Beth Hetland who gave us some really cute bookmarks.
- Patrick Murphy who did a mini called Prime Decline.
- Geek Nights which I think interviewed me for their podcast (but I’m pretty sure I didn’t make the cut).
I can think of at least three people who I know I left off. Once I figure out the right names I’ll have to revise this list. Please email me or comment if you are one of those people. I know, it sucks that I can’t remember. But anyway … thanks for a great time, MoCCA!
One more thing! I also stopped by a convention in Baltimore called BaltiCon on Monday, and saw some really cool panels with Howard Tayler, the creator of Schlock Mercenary. He has been doing his sci-fi webcomic for ten years!! Mind blown. I also met Hugh Casey who has a very active sci-fi journal and J. Andrew World who is an illustrator with a great cartoon style. I was only there for a few hours, and I learned a bunch and met some very cool people. And I got the latest novel I’m reading which is pretty great. Thanks, BaltiCon!